Glo Germ helps train staff on infection control procedures, hazardous material handling, and other microbe related tasks. In addition to the instructions on how to use Glo Germ, see below to determine which form of Glo Germ is right for your lab or training.
- Apply the Glo Germ (Glo Germ Gel, Powder, Mist, or Oil) in the lab area desired
- Show the simulation germs with a UV black light (some glow blue and some glow orange)
- Wash off Glo Germ or otherwise conduct the action desired to test (i.e. spilled liquid, blood handling, cleaning test, fake cough or sneeze with the Glo Mist, etc.)
- Verify the cleaning action was adequate by using the UV black light once more
- Score the effectiveness of the staff member or cleaning organization
- Instruct how to proceed in order to maintain a sanitized working environment
- Repeat the demonstration if necessary (every 6 months is recommended for labs)
Depending on the type of training desired, here are some ideas how to use Glo Germ in your lab:
- Glo Germ Gel
- Glo Gel is great for teaching about liquids and cleaning. For example, you can see how effective your equipment and work areas are being cleaned. You can test whether your janitorial staff or environmental cleaning procedures are providing you the level of sanitation needed.
- Glo Germ Powder
- Glo Powder can help detect how germs and infection would spread throughout the lab. Showing your staff how to don and remove gloves with Glo Germ Powder can make them aware how germs spread if careless.
- Glo Germ Mist
- Glo Mist can demonstrate the need for strict adherence to mask, glove, apron, glasses, and other PPE regulations. The mist spreads like airborne pathogens or other materials to show how germs and other variables can spread throughout the laboratory.
- Glo Germ Oil
- Glo Oil is effective to show blood and hazardous material handling. The Glo Oil shines bright orange under a UV black light and will point out how hazardous liquids could contaminate many parts of the lab.
|Glo Germ Mini Kit|
"For teaching simple hand washing lessons"
|Glo Germ Premium Mini Kit|
"Big enough for "many lessons, but not overkill"
|Glo Germ Classic Gel Kit|
"Can't beat a classic"
|Glo Germ Classic Oil Kit|
"Orange is the new pink... even in infection control"
|Glo Germ Deluxe Gel Box Kit|
"You got the whole world in your hands... for a handling washing lesson anyway"
NEW Glo Germ Gel Kit!
|Glo Germ Deluxe Oil Box Kit|
"Big Box. Big Results."
NEW Glo Germ Oil Kit!